Tuesday 14 June 2016

Failure

Failure, the mere word causes an sickening feeling.

So, this week I failed in grand style!  If you notice, I am writing this on Tuesday, when I normally post on Sunday or Monday. So, failed to be consistent in my blog post.  I also failed on my daily Journal writing this week.  Lastly, I failed on my eating regiment (had Chinese food on a non-cheat day).

Now that is not to say I didn't do some great stuff this week, I did, but in the aspects above I failed.  What caused me to fail so much this week?  I could say I was sick (and boy was I ever sick).  I could say work has been exhausting, and it has been.  In the end, those are excuses, and they are not the reason I failed, I failed because I wasn't determined enough.

So, what benefit is there in telling you this?

Well, coaches are human, and we have bad days, or in this case a bad week.  Heck, some people have bad years.  That is why most coaches have a coach (yes, I have a coach and I also coach other coaches).  The only way we can consistently help our clients to push forward is if we challenge our selves to push forward, having a coach helps with that.  However, like anyone else, if I intend to succeed I will, if I don't have enough determination I will fail.

Well, what about bad luck?  No, not a valid excuse.  Life is full of challenges.   That is no excuse to throw in the towel and give up.  Everyone has good streaks and bad streaks, people that get ahead learn to deal with the bad and derive the most benefit possible out of the good.

So, when anyone faces a bad streak (get sick, business deal goes south, rough week at work, etc.) the best way to deal with it is to push through.  So, am I going to push through?  Well I am posting this, aren't I?  After all, it is human to fail, but to get back on the horse, not everyone does that.

So, tonight I will be writing in my Journal and I will look back over the past week.  In my introspection I will search for ways to improve myself, and grow.  That way, the next time I get sick or have a rough week, I will dig deeper and push harder and be even more determined than I was this week.

Next week, I will be happy to share what happens after a good week, because it will be a good week... I am determined to make it so! :)

What helps you push forward?  Please post your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment